ServeWhoever serves, as one who serves by the strength that God supplies - in order that in everything god may be glorified through Jesus Christ.
1 Peter 4:11b
In order to protect the mission and doctrine of our church we ask that all who desire to serve become members.
Step 1: Attend Regularly
Settle it in your heart to worshiping with us weekly.
Step 2: Membership Class
Sign up and attend our membership class.
Step 3: Apply
Fill out a membership application
Church membership is the fruit of a number of doctrines in scripture. Consider the following:
- Church Discipline: Matthew 18:15-17 speak of a brother sinning and refusing to repent. The final step in the process of discipline is to bring the issue to the entire church. Who makes up the church Jesus is speaking about?
- Excomunitcation: 1 Corinthians 5:12-13, another passage about discipline, speaks of those “inside the church” and those “outside the church”. If there is no formal membership, what determines whether someone is “in” or “out”?
- Submission to leaders: Hebrews 13:17 and 1 Thes. 5:12-13 tells believers to submit to their leaders because the leaders are watching over their souls and must give an account.
- The metaphor of the body: 1 Corinthians 12:12-32 speaks of individuals being “members” of the body of Christ.
- A credible profession of faith: The body of Christ is made up of the redeemed.
- Biblical Baptism: The covenant sign of baptism is only to be applied to those who profess fatih & repentance.
- Agreement with our Statement of Faith: We desire to be unified around the truth of scripture.